Hello World!
Eights long months have passed since I first stepped foot into the life of being in Secondary four and is how long I have not posted anything here. Just a brief insight to my life this year: I have tasted having common tests every tuesdays after school, almost daily remedials and those kind of homework where you do and question life at the same time. Proudly, I can say I have survived, albeit I still two huge hurdles in front of me. If you have been through the GCE O level system, you know what I am talking about ;)
I must thank the teachers for staying back after school to help us during Night studies (studying in school till 8pm), thank the parents support group for providing us with gratifying food from their own pockets, thank the school for nurturing great environments for students to have consultations- affectionately known as enlightenment sessions, and thank the school for counting down to prelims and O levels and grad night for us ;')) YES, this is the moment I knew wold reach me one day. After the countless episodes of previous secondary fours queuing anxiously out outside the school hall for their prelims, I now have the honour of being in their position. YES, I have TEN days ten days to prelims...
In life, one will never know what it feels like to be prepared, we can only feel confident.
~by a Motivational Speaker during a motivational session held in my school.
Even though I may have done tons of practice papers, reread my notes 10 times, revise my corrections thoroughly, I do not guarantee myself an A1 and I got to accept that. Its a fact and I hope those of you reading this realise it too. Therefore, I believe doing your best is the only thing that matters. Never be complacent, always try to improve and stretch your abilities.
The principle which I hold dear to up till today is: I have a choice, what do I want to do with it?
Dramas have invaded the lives of youths in Singapore and even adults. It is more troublesome for youths like me because we need to cope with the rage of korean influence and our beloved studies. We need to find that BALANCE, and only those with good self discipline often are the ones who can do so. This self-discipline is not a heritable trait from our parents, it is something, I realised, that is imbued in us through life experiences. My point is, all of us will come to a time where we find the true importance of having self-discipline. Being a secondary four today, I can safely say that I still struggle with self-discipline, BUT, it is getting better. And that is what counts doesn't it?
My prelims are approaching and teachers have been saying that it is an accurate prediction of our O Level results. Self-discipline is what is shaping my life right now. My quotidian routine includes meals, homework, revision papers, reading, attending school, finding my teachers, getting some shut-eye and preparing for the next day. Hopefully efforts pay off, and I am sure it will.
My plan for the coming two months is to put in my superlative effort in all that I do, literally. Prelims would be a time for me to gauge where I stand after having done my best as preparation thus far. O'levels should definitely turn out better since I would have had mastered the topics which I have covered this year (which are still shaky as of now-prelims).
Don't you guys think its good to derive a purpose for an activity before placing all your commitments to it? In life, there will be times when we have to put in tremendous effort for something not as big and impactful as for example, O levels. We often find more of these small tasks compared to big milestones similar to what I will be facing. Hence we still have do it, anyways. Nevertheless, let us not view these small pushes as a waste of time, rather find meaning out of them (I am sure our educators have there reservations about the work they give us). Even after squeezing the brain juices of ours to find that meaning but we just cannot, do it, just because. A simple analogy goes like this: our parents are not assured that when we grow up we may take care of them, but do they continue to feed us and do not abandon us even when we turn their world upside down? Just because.
SO, don't be put down by life, alright?
Lets look at life positively together, after all, "I can do all things through Christ has strengthened me"Phillipians 4;13!
When all else fails, look to God, our creator and saviour.
Wish me the best!:)
Cheers,
Nicole
No comments:
Post a Comment