Hello World!
Am I the only one with this thought: Twenty years from now, I will miss school-days.
Today was the last time being surrounded in a sea of red identically dressed beings. Standing on the chairs and waving our hands and flags in the air, shouting and singing our hearts out for our nation would be one of the best memories I will keep from my Junior College days. Also, I am reminded of how close I am to my A Levels and university life.
I will miss having friends I can talk so closely about God to and who understands my every quirky thought, people that I am happy to joke with, teachers who teach with quality (Math- Mr. S. GP-Ms L., Bio-Mr K, and Mrs. J W), and definitely wearing the school uniform.
I also recently embarked on a project, which I have invested a lot of time and energy on. I am happy to see great progress and most importantly, seeing that project self-advancing gradually. This project is one which I have taken on top of my A Levels and I have, ostensibly, been deterred by others from doing so. However, I took it up because I had the opportunity to open and was motivated to develop it at the same time. I figured that this motivation could die and the opportunity could no longer be there in the future. Today marks 2 months and a few days of officially taking it up and I would not say I regret taking up this project although I do feel more hard pressed for time to study for my preliminary examinations.
Other than the progress, what I and keeps me going is the opportunity to learn about myself as well as about the science of developing a good (similar natured project). I do intend to make this project lifelong, however. if it fails one day, the skills and experiences I have gathered will still lend me in giod stead. I would agree that this might not be the best skill to learn right now as my main focus should be my studies. However, one thing is greater- I am staying true to my value in perfecting projects that I embark on. Now that I am more or less settled, I would be shifting my perfectionist mindset to my studies alone. Not forgetting all these are unworthy gains if it is not for God, I should pray constantly and learn about Him.
Anyways this blog post is a reminder to my future self as well as I hope becomes an inspiration to many to not opprtubities go by, but yet seek the Lord to sustain you, because he will. Even if you made a self-harming choice, God will save you as long as you lift it all up to God. I will not succumb to the weakness of the fllesh to my best ablity and admit this to God for Him to help me.
Love Nicole
No comments:
Post a Comment