Hello world, just wanted to share a consolidation of what I have seen, tasted or heard around me which I hope enlightens you and gives you more reason to follow these advice :)
What people have said about:
1) Teenagers undergo identity crisis/search for their identity - it is true. I do not think there is a way to avoid it unless you intentionally choose to be clueless about your preferences and leanings, which is detrimental as it reflects in the quality of your decisions each day.
2) MBTI test is only accurate to some extent - it is true because there are some characteristics unique to you, but there is really a group of people who are similar to you (and if you search about what people say about your personality type, you can feel comforted, visit INTJ at https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-feel-like-to-be-an-INTJ-1
3) Reading and writing is the only way to improve language - it is true. In Singapore, if you enjoy reading since toddler days, chances are for the period of education of your 7-16 years of age, you will ace every essay and comprehension. If you neglect reading after that because of increasing alternative priorities, you might drop in your writing standard, however, the writing coherence should still be with you.
4) Motivation gets you started, determination gets you far - true because when you reach a certain dreadful point, motivation is not enough as fuel to drive you to pass that point. You need to be CONVICTED in reaching your goals.
5) Sleep is very important - I once could not do organic chemistry for 1 week because I slept for 4 hours every day. I felt that I somehow could not drill it into my head.
6) Love is something teenagers should unlikely come into contact with - true because love requires mature thinking (that actions are done without the need for reciprocation and that space is sacred) and time to manifest, in that you need to have/build such strong rapport with the person that you are willing to live with his/her weaknesses for the rest of your life.
7) Hard work and studying smart (for example the 80/20 rule) has to come together for true-success - true but I would add in good time management and wisdom to seek the most efficient method as well.
However, we should remember that nothing is truer than God. No doubt man's wisdom does prove right sometimes, it cannot always be said so, thus it is unreliable. Always pray for God to give you wisdom because that is the only wisdom that matters and leads to eternal life.
Cheers,
Nicole
No comments:
Post a Comment